Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
This event is now SOLD OUT, but there will be a standby line at the door. Arrive early to increase your chances of being admitted. If you already have tickets and will not be able to attend, please contact us at 403.264.5330 or firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can accommodate other guests.
Calgary Arts Development is pleased to present PechaKucha Night Calgary #12. Taking place following our annual Report to the Community, PechaKucha Night Calgary #12 will explore the theme of "Eureka.”
Monday, May 28
Doors at 6:30pm, 7:00pm start
Theatre Junction GRAND
608 1st Street SW
- David Bynoe, Kinetic Sculptor
- Cam Dobranski, Chef/Owner, Winebar Kensington/Brasserie Kensington/Muse Restaurant & Lounge
- Maija Graham, Science Fair Judge
- Alice Hong, Director/Teacher, Align Yoga
- Dave Kelly, Host/Performer/Playwright
- Stewart McDonough, Director of Communications, Tourism Calgary; Community Meddler
- Nicole Mion, Artistic Director, Springboard Performance/Fluid Festival
- Ryan Pilling, Entertainer
- DJ Sures, CEO, EZ-Robot; Roboticist
- Shelley Youngblut, Western Editor, The Globe and Mail
Hosted by Ken Lima-Coelho, CBC Calgary.
Free! The event is now SOLD OUT, but there will be a standby line at the door. Arrive early to increase your chances of being admitted.
For details, please visit CalgaryCulture.com/PKN12.
About PechaKucha Nights:
Devised in Tokyo in 2003, PechaKucha Nights are now taking place in over 500 cities around the world. Drawing their name from the Japanese term for the sound of "chit chat," PechaKucha Nights are based on a simple presentation format: speakers present 20 slides each, for only 20 seconds per slide. It's a format that makes presentations concise and keeps things moving at a rapid pace.
PechaKucha Nights in Calgary are hosted by Calgary Arts Development and sponsored by East Village.